Rss Feed
  1. Athena's descendants and the Jewel of Barthimia by callumespleyclegg (Wattpad)


    After two tiresome years of searching, the twelve ring bearers are finally united.  When Jay Perry joins the group, the Gods talk of a quest which they must undertake. Five must fight their way around the globe to find the powerful jewel of Barthimia, sending all mythical encounters back to Hades, back to the dreaded underworld. What might they find? Will they even return? Will Athena's descendants continue to fill their destiny as protectors of Olympus?

    Find out in this gripping novel, the start of a thrilling series following the twelve ring bearers on their nail biting quests. The prophecy has begun. The reign of the ancient gods is coming to an end. Only twelve talented youths may take their place. These youths are Athenas Descendants.


    I'll start off this review by mentioning the fact that this is now a published book, and available on Amazon and Waterstones. It bases heavily around Greek Mythology, a subject that interests even the more sceptical of us, though we seldom care to admit it.

    Straight from the summary, I was hooked, being a huge fan of fantasy greats such as Harry Potter, I was quite excited to read the newest published thing in fantasy. I wasn't disappointed.

    Nowadays, it is notoriously hard to write an original fantasy story, most of the plot lines having been used before somewhere along the line. The author manages it, and transforms it into a well written and interesting fantasy tale.

    I think it goes without saying, but a good fantasy book should hook the reader from the very first word, and I will admit, this book did it for me. Something a lot of fantasy books fail to do.

    The books straight away punts you into an action scene, and though this is often hard to do, the writer pulls it off with little effort. I found myself literally on the edge of my seat the whole way through, and when I finally reached the end, I immediately wanted to read the next in the series, much like I was when I was with Harry Potter.

    Now this is the unedited version, so I daresay that the edited and published version will be even better. I will be definitely searching for this beauty in my Kindle library.

    Book rating: 9/10


  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment